Alison is a former primary school teacher who changed from teaching in a classroom for fourteen years to teaching from a yoga mat. Alison is a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher having trained under the guidance of Jenny Smith at Gecko Yoga and a Registered Yoga Teacher having completed her 200-hour yoga certification at Vikasa in Koh Samui under the guidance of Kosta Miachin. Alison is passionate about guiding students of all ages to lead happy lives through the practice of yoga. She teaches in a gentle and encouraging style, with a great sense of fun and playfulness. She encourages students to connect breath to movement and learn about their bodies. Alison has a specific interest in Yin Yoga, and has completed an additional 150 hours of training in this style, including training with Bernie Clark.
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance
- Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) with Yoga Alliance
- 88 hours Pre-natal Yoga Teacher Training (RPYT)
- 50 hours Yin Yoga
- 200 hours Hatha Yoga (RYT)
- 100 hours Yin Yoga as applied to Vinyasa
- 95 hours Yoga for Children (RCYT)